Alright, as promised, here are some pictures of Will. I'm gonna spare you my birth story because, frankly, I don't even want to be reminded of it; All I have to say is- (1) Contractions are a Bitch (pardon my french, but that's the truth)! (2) Epidurals are not for wussies but for the humble. (3) I didn't know my southern region could stretch/rip/swell like that (I'm not kidding; One nurse declared that it looked like a very swollen scrotum). (4) Nurses are angels sent from above. (5) Is there anything worse than daytime television? Yes!... Contractions!! (6) When asked if you want to watch your child's circumcision... think twice! (7) Justin has seen enough blood to equal 10 really bad horror movies, but never buckled his knees once. (8) Flavor ice chips = Manna from heaven. (9) Shouldn't there be an award for pushing out a 7'12 OP (posterior) baby? I mean, come on! Kids get awards for coloring pictures in supermarkets. Where's my certificate of achievement to hang on the fridge? (10) It was amazing! Every time I hold my little Will, my heart overfills with joy and love. He is worth every Tum taken for heartburn, every dreadful pound of weight gain, every stretch mark on my belly, every painful contraction, every bloody tear, and every sore dry crack on my engorged swollen nipples. I/We feel incredibly blessed to have him and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Oh my goodness. He is the cutest boy EVER! I love him. I love his little Elvis drawl. I love seeing that you guys are going through the same exact emotions as we are at the same time!! It just keeps getting better (nursing does too).
ReplyDeleteHooray for pictures! He is so super cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper Congratulations!! I can't believe they induced you without turning your OP baby first. Talk about cruel and unusual! Your family looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSeriously you make gorgeous babies! I'm totally in love. His expressions are priceless - so adorbale. And Katt how do you look so beautiful right after giving birth??!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the picture of you and Will, Loving Motherhood. Can I get in on that? (Maybe not the appearing-like-a-swollen-scrotum part . . . )
ReplyDeleteI love you.
He is precious. Being a first time parent has a mix of emotions- so amazing and miraculous yet there are so many things that happen to you that you wonder "why didn't anyone tell me it was going to be like this"- well then we probably wouldn't even want to try being a parent. I think the thing I have learned is how much my husband loves me for taking care of my injured body and for still thinking I'm sexy looking at my post baby body!
ReplyDeleteoh wowza, 9 of your 10 birth experiences are giving me heebie jeepies. really. sometimes after hearing certain things about giving birth (like pooping during labor) i wish i was ignorant!!! why were you induced again? And I know this is so cliche (but I really mean it) you look amazing after giving birth--i don't know how long after that family picture was taken but you look fab. that's all!
ReplyDelete