Friday, May 14, 2010

Two Weeks!





Will had his two week doctor's appointment yesterday, and aside from forgetting to bring his paperwork (and having to go back today), everything went well!

I know it sounds cliche, but our little boy is growing so fast... No, really! He's growing FAST! He's grown an inch and has already gained a pound. The pediatrician says that kind of weight gain is unusual for a two week-old. Apparently newborns tend to lose weight the first 1-2 weeks, but not our Will! He's an eater (like his mom)!














Pete Moskowitz, Will's pediatrician








































This is how the conversation went down with the pediatrician

Dr: Wow, a 15 oz weight gain! Looks like you got an eater on your hands!
(Right after he says this, Will spits up a motha-load of milk)

K: Yeah, about that (the spit-up)... is that normal?

Dr: Definitely normal! Obviously it's not an issue... he's getting plenty of milk.

K: Yes, he's a good eater.

Dr: So, how about you guys? Were you big babies?

J & K: (In unison) Yes!
(We look at each other and laugh)

Dr: Well, it looks like he's destined to be a no-neck-double-chin baby

J: (Without any hesitation) That definitely comes from her side of the family!
(So not cool, Justin!)

K: Ouch

Dr: Bursts into laughter with a look in his eye that can only be translated as-- Dude, you're sleeping on the couch tonight.

Anyway, come to find out, joke's on Justin! We went to his parents house after the appointment and his mom showed us a picture of him when he was three months old. I'm gonna let you look at it, and then you can tell me where you think Will's going to get his no-neck-double-chin from.


This is Justin at 3 months. The outfit he is wearing is 9 months.
Does he remind you of anyone...


...Maybe this guy?


So what if we have a no-neck-double-chin baby? There will just be more of him to love! And Justin, I think you were the cutest baby! Even if you were a little Jabba. I hope Will turns out just like you!

6 comments:

  1. You two are way too freaking funny! This kid "Will" have the most documented life along with a house that doesn't stop laughing!!! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so adorable! All babies are like that. I can barely find Eden's neck and sometimes (bad mom notification) she smells like old milk b/c its trapped in all the crevasses that I can't quite reach. Also, we forgot her paperwork and diapers to her 1 week appt. Just showed up with her and nothing else....We've since carried a diaper bag almost everywhere- minus that time (tonight) when we left it at someone's house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will’s such a handsome two weeker! Im not surprised though :) And I’m not seeing any Jabba yet, but I’ve always loved those triple chin babies-- More for mama to gnaw on, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Jabbas are the best!!!!!! CHUG CHUG CHUG baby Will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Babies come with paperwork? What? Justin = Jaba? That would make Katt Princess Leiha (sp?) I seem to recall Laiha strangling Jaba with her captivity-chain while wearing that skanty outfit. I'm just saying, Justin. Beware.

    ReplyDelete