Sunday, May 9, 2010

Foray into Fatherhood

I LOVE BEING A DAD!

It's hard to explain why I am enjoying fatherhood and all of the things it brings (mainly sleep deprivation), but I know that I was ready for this in my life.  I just feel more complete.  Will doesn't really do much yet, but I suppose that's normal for a 10-day-old.  :-)  Here are a few things I love about him so far:
  • His peaceful look while he sleeps in your arms
  • His funny faces when you pump his legs to get rid of gas
  • His instantly red face when he's not happy
  • His attempts to eat your cheek, finger, arm, or anything else that touches his face when he's hungry
  • His rockin' mullet -- business in the front, all party in the back
  • His comatose smiling when he has a full stomach
  • His one-eyed wink (always the left eye closed)
  • His squeals while eating -- he's either really hungry or he's already a breast man
  • His wounded animal sounds when he's sad that his binky fell out
  • His awesome ninja kicks when you try to change his diaper
I love everything about him!  And on Katt's first official Mother's Day, I am soooo incredibly grateful for all that she has done to bring him into our lives.  She is an amazing mom!  Will already recognizes her voice and her touch, and there's nobody he'd rather be with.  The boys in this family (including Milo) are unbelievably lucky to have her!  I love you, Katt!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute Justin. I love everything you wrote about him. It all sounds perfect. Happy Mothers Day Katt xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm so glad to see that you guys are blogging again! Will is, indeed, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cute, proud Dad! I'm proud of you! Love you, and Katt, and Will, and Milo!

    ReplyDelete